A member of COMESA and ACP;
- Has signed the COMESA Fund Protocol;
- Made its assessed contribution of COM$650,000 to the Fund in 2013;
- Total amount approved for disbursement under RISM is € 1,372,168;
- No approved allocation for 2014 and 2015; and
- COMESA Fund Coordinating Ministry is Ministry of Finance.
In order to succeed in addressing trade barriers, promoting growth, development and regional integration, the Democratic Republic of Congo is counting on funding from the COMESA Adjustment Facility/ Regional Integration Support Mechanism (CAF /RISM) to implement projects on domesticating COMESA’s harmonized standards into national standards; and implementing COMESA’s Simplified Trade Regime at the borders that the DRC shares with its neighbors.
Regional Integration Commitments and Targets
As part of its regional commitments, DRC targeted by 2016 to:
- ensure the continuous operationalization of its National Inter-Ministerial Coordinating Committee,
- join the Free Trade Area,
- eliminate at least 70% of NTB’s reported against the country,
- harmonize its domestic standards to the international standards,
- adopt the COMESA Common Tariff Nomenclature (CTN),
- adopt the COMESA Customs Management Regulation (CMR),
- finalize its trade in Services schedules in the first four priority sectors,
- sign and ratify the COMESA Common Investment Area (CCIA) Agreement,
- adopt the COMESA Competition Regulation,
- implement the Harmonized Road Transport Charges (HRTC),
- implement the COMESA Axle Load Limits,
- implement the Harmonized Vehicle Dimensions,
- implement the COMESA Carrier License.