A member of COMESA and ACP;
- A COMESA Fund Member by signature and ratification of the COMESA Fund Protocol;
- Made its assessed contribution of COM$ 90,000 to the Fund in 2011;
- Total amount approved for disbursement under RISM is € 692,557;
- COMESA Fund Coordinating Ministry is Ministry of Economy and Finance in charge of Industry and Planning.
Djibouti has programmed its RISM funds under a project that aims to build the coordination capacities for regional integration programs, implement customs instruments in the road map for the COMESA Custom’s Union, facilitate transport and trade on the Djibouti Corridor and promote investments and support SMEs with a view to ratifying regional investment instruments, as well as sensitizing its economic operators on the potential opportunities available in the COMESA market. It is envisaged that the RISM project will ensure greater participation by Djibouti in regional trade so that the country is effectively integrated and benefits from regional trade.
Regional Integration Commitments and Targets
As part of its regional commitments, Djibouti targeted by 2016 to:
- ensure the continuous operationalization of its National Inter-Ministerial Coordinating Committee,
- eliminate at least 70% of NTB’s reported against the country,
- harmonize its domestic standards to the international standards,
- adopt the COMESA Common Tariff Nomenclature (CTN),
- adopt the COMESA Customs Management Regulation (CMR), finalize its trade in Services schedules in the first four priority sectors,
- sign and ratify the COMESA Common Investment Area (CCIA) Agreement,
- adopt the COMESA Competition Regulation,
- implement the Harmonized Road Transport Charges (HRTC),
- implement the COMESA Axle Load Limits,
- implement the Harmonized Vehicle Dimensions,
- and implement the COMESA Carrier License.