A member of COMESA and ACP;
- A COMESA Fund Member by signature and ratification of the COMESA Fund Protocol;
- Made its assessed contribution of COM$400,000 to the Fund in 2014;
- Total amount approved for disbursement under RISM is € 1,002,981.28;
- Indicative allocation for 2014 is €1,002,981.28; and received no allocation in 2015;
- COMESA Fund Coordinating Ministry is Ministry of Finance and Economic planning and Development.
Madagascar’s RISM allocation will be utilized under a project whose objective is to contribute to improving coordination, implementation and monitoring of trade and regional integration programmes, improving regional market access to Malagasy exports through
- support to improve Market access for Private Sector Exports;
- Land Reforms;
- Standards & certification;
- Non-tariff barriers; and availability of reliable statistics.
Regional Integration Commitments and Targets
As part of its regional commitments, Madagascar targeted by 2016 to:
- ensure the continuous operationalization of its National Inter-Ministerial Coordinating Committee,
- eliminate at least 70% of NTB’s reported against the country,
- harmonize its domestic standards to the international standards,
- adopt the COMESA Common Tariff Nomenclature (CTN),
- adopt the COMESA Customs Management Regulation (CMR),
- finalize its trade in Services schedules in the first four priority sectors,
- sign and ratify the COMESA Common Investment Area (CCIA) Agreement,
- liberalize Air Transport in accordance with COMESA legal notice No.2 of 1999 by 2016.