A member of COMESA and ACP;
- A COMESA Fund Member by signature and ratification of the COMESA Fund Protocol;
- Made its assessed contribution of COM$710,000 to the Fund in 2007;
- Total amount approved under RISM is € 3,572,794; and
- COMESA Fund Coordinating Ministry is Ministry of Finance and Economic Development.
These resources provided to Mauritius have been directed towards trade missions, assisting SMEs to penetrate the COMESA market with re-branding of products, development of a data base on trade and investment potential for Mauritian businesses and implementation of the Single Window. In addition, Mauritius has also allocated funds towards operations of the Inter-Ministerial Secretariat, Competition and investment issues.
Regional Integration Commitments and Targets
As part of its regional commitments, Mauritius targeted by 2016 to:
- ensure the continuous operationalization of its National Inter-Ministerial Coordinating Committee,
- to implement the regionally agreed harmonize statistical clusters,
- eliminate at least 70% of NTB’s reported against the country,
- adopt COMESA harmonized standards,
- domesticate the COMESA Customs Management Regulations (CMR),
- adopt the COMESA Competition Regulations and
- sign and ratify the COMESA Common Investment Area (CCIA) Agreement.