A member of COMESA and ACP;
- A COMESA Fund Member by signature and ratification of the COMESA Fund Protocol
- Made its assessed contribution of COM$90,000 to the Fund in 2009
- Total amount disbursed under RISM – € 2,453,987
- COMESA Fund Coordinating Ministry –Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The support provided to Seychelles has assisted in strengthening coordination of regional programmes and is contributing to various activities under different Ministries or institutions that include: implementation of Food Security initiatives; Science and Technology programmes such as identification and adoption of COMESA harmonized standards; finalisation of Trade in Services framework and accession to the WTO; Migration to HS2007 and migration to ASYCUDA World; Aligning the Regional Integration Strategy and the National Development Strategy to the COMESA Medium Term Strategy; Maritime Transport infrastructure
and services, Air Transport liberalization and peace and security initiatives; Implementation of regional interconnectivity initiatives; and Mainstreaming of gender and other social affairs to enhance regional integration agendas.
Regional Integration Commitments and Targets
As part of its regional commitments, Seychelles has targeted by 2016 to:
- ensure the continuous operationalization of its National Inter-Ministerial Coordinating Committee,
- to implement the regionally agreed harmonize statistical clusters,
- eliminate at least 70% of NTB’s reported against the country,
- domesticate the COMESA Customs Management Regulations (CMR),
- adopt the COMESA Competition Regulations,
- sign and ratify the COMESA Common Investment Area (CCIA) Agreement and
- Sign a Double Taxation Agreement.