A member of COMESA, EAC and ACP;
- A COMESA Fund Member by signature and ratification of the COMESA Fund Protocol;
- Made its assessed contribution of COM$ 410,000 to the Fund in 2008
- Total amount approved for disbursement under RISM to date is €2,825,879; and
- Indicative allocation for 2014 and 2015 is €2,049,373; and
- COMESA Fund Coordinating Ministry is Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development.
The overall goal and objective of the RISM Project in Uganda is to ensure effective integration of Uganda into COMESA and promote the country’s competitiveness with a view to increasing her regional trade and investments. This will be achieved by promoting effective integration of Uganda into the COMESA FTA, improving Uganda’s competitiveness in the domestic and regional markets including through construction of border markets, improving the doing business environment and increasing market access for Uganda’s products and services in the regional and international market.
Regional Integration Commitments and Targets
As part of its regional commitments, Uganda has targeted by 2016 to:
- continue operationalization of its NIMCC,
- eliminate at least 70% of its NTB’s,
- adopt harmonised standards,
- establish trade information desks under the Simplified Trade Regime,
- finalize its trade in Services schedules in the three additional sectors,
- adopt the COMESA Competition Regulations,
- sign and ratify the CCIA and implement the HRTC by 2016.